Here are the show notes for this episode.
If you like you can also read along with the archived live chat.
Your Freedom & Privacy Are An Illusion
- Cop misled judge in Byron Sonne case.
- Canadian internauts should have no reasonable expectation of privacy.
- Darknet. It’s time.
Tired Old Media
- Viacom so devasted by piracy that CEO gets $50 million raise. Sounds about right.
- Music labels to cease production of those shiny discs with rootkits on them.
- Chuck D. says paid downloads are licenses, not sales.
- Will the real Dyscultured Google+ Page please stand up? Exhibit A, Exhibit B, and while neither really matters.
- Klout is like herpes.
- Celebs shill on Twitter? NOWAI.
- CWTA lays down the numbers on the impact of our upstart carriers.
- But the CCTS begs to differ.
- Google answers to Microsoft lawsuits (not really).
- Apple are the Ferengi of the mobile phone industry.
- And it’s because Android phones are cheap pieces of shit, obviously.
- Here’s a little secret: You don’t need an app to use Gmail.
- Rakuten gobbles up Kobo — then presumably wrecks havoc on small Japanese fishing village before disappearing into the sea.
- Older people also read the Globe & Mail, I reckon.
- Movie exec apologizes for shit movies. We need more of this. A lot more.
- Canadian pays $31K for John Lennon’s tooth.
- Haven’t the good people of Detroit been through enough?
- Everybody follow Canadian Linux legend Adam McDaniel.
- Another killer track from Rathole Radio #64, here’s German rockers Shearer and their track Day’s End.
- Something to say? Leave a comment below.
- Tweeps and Identicans can hash a tweet/dent with the tag #dyscuss159.
- Or come hang in our irc channel anytime — #dyscultured @ irc.zeronode.net.