Here are the show notes for this episode. If you like you can also play along with the archived live chat.
- Universities are pulling out of Access Copyright early, and then squirting freedom on students.
- Ontario Supreme Court sets precedent for online anonymity.
- Here comes facial recognition technology, whether you want it or not.
- EU Trade Deal smells like ACTA.
Tired Old Media
- Currie strikes a nerve with a link to reddit.
- Apparently pirates are also great customers.. Who knew? Movie/music editions.
- TorrentFreak gives Jamendo some love.
- I believe Mr. Marco called this one…
- I’s the b’y with a world class wireless network launching in 2012.
- Currie’s got your back, Jeff Gignac.
- Mozilla steps up to take on Android’s faux-pen-ness.
Can’t We All Just Get Along?
- Blog comments: the age of rage.
- Refuting UBB: Data and network congestion do not exist. DOES THAT BLOW YOUR MIND?!1!
- One App Store to rule them all, apparently.
- Freedom beards vs. iTards on change.
- “Has podcasting become too corporate?” — asks the BBC.
- Dude writes resignation letter to supermarket. Film at 11.
- Groupon wannabe comes to Canadian backwater.
- Battleship trailer goes online.
- Total Recall films in the T-dot.
- Kevin Smith prepping to empty Canadian wallets. for some reason.
- Venezuelan despot runs country from hospital bed using Twitter.
- Such a great talent has left us so soon…
- Can we take a h1t off of that b0ng?
- From the Free Music Real Artists collection (on Jamendo, of course) this week we’ve got Dj Fab with his track Be Free.
- Something to say? Leave a comment below.
- Tweeps and Identicans can hash a tweet/dent with the tag #dyscuss144.
- Or come hang in our irc channel anytime — #dyscultured on zeronode.irc.net.
- To submit story ideas for next week’s show kindly use the hashtag #dys145.
- Episode 146 will record live next Wednesday, August 3rd from 9:30 pm ET / 6:30 pm PT, right here. See you there.